Friday, May 22, 2009

Cancer May Have Gotten In a Punch But We Are Still In the Ring

Dad had to be put in the hospital today. He was having a pretty good week----Monday he went to Palestine to take the chemo pump back and Wednesday he went to Temple to have the stitches taken out where the feeding tube is. The long trip to Temple really tired him out and on Thursday he started feeling bad and his blood pressure was really low. He had a rough night Thursday night so I took him to Palestine Regional Emergency Room first thing this morning. He was severely dehydrated and in alot of pain. He was admitted into ICU this afternoon. His blood pressure was beginning to get stable and they are giving him fluids and antibiotics. His white blood count is really low and they were concerned about his kidneys not working properly but feel like that is mostly due to the dehydration. Cancer may have got a punch in but we will not give in and by the power and grace of God we will win the battle and we will get the Victory. I will be going back first thing in the morning to check on Dad and will give a status tommorrow afternoon. Please pray that everything will return to normal.

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment