Friday, May 29, 2009

This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made

Today is a very sad day but it is a day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Yesterday at about 3:00 p.m. Dad's heart just stopped. He fought very hard to get better but the infection was just too bad. Although my heart is saddened and I am going to miss my fishing buddy and my 42 partner very much I know that he is in a better place. Dad had a long road ahead of him with all of the chemo and radiation and I believe God spared him from something that could have been much worse down the road. Dad was a simple man and he wanted a simple funeral so we will be having graveside service at Liberty Cemetery on Sunday at 4:00 p.m. We will have visitation on Saturday from 3-8 p.m. with the family being there from 6-8. We have been so blessed by the many visits, calls, prayers, food and love that you all have given. Our journey ended up being much shorter than I had anticipated but my prayer is that it will all be for God's glory. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers for strength and comfort.

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Friend
    I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. We both know that he is now with God in a better place with his suffering gone. But, God will never give us more than we can bear, and he is with you through every step in your life.
    Your dad will always be with you; his spirit and good will be part of you no matter where you go. I know that you wanted, needed, and hoped for more time to spend with your father but the time you did spend with him meant so much to him. God gives us examples on this earth of how we should live our lives and your father was great example
    I wanted to let you know that I am here for you at any time you need me - just to listen, or to talk.With my deepest sympathy, your friend-DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is broken for your family. I know the pain you must be feeling is unbearable, but through all of our sorrow, God never leaves us or forsakes us. I pray peace that passes all understanding for all of you. Mr Fred will be missed by so many. We love you guys and we're here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your Dad is with Jesus -- he is the lucky one! He doesn't have to go thru those trials that were awaiting him. Yes, you will miss your dad and the hurt will never go away, but you will get used to it. Just rejoice in all the blessed and wonderful memories you have. He would want you to do that. You will continue to play 42 and you will continue to catch fish and he will be there with you.

    You are my dear friend and I love you very much. I'm so sorry that u are going thur this, but it is life and trust me, your Dad will always be with you!

    Hang in there faithful one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grieving and praying with y'all.
    Love you so,
    Nick and Jami
    Romans 8

    ReplyDelete